The article has been verified for accuracy (content includes links to reputable media sites, academic research institutes and, occasionally, medical practices). All content on our website has been reviewed, however, if you believe our content is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise objectionable, you can Contact us to make the necessary corrections.
We show you the steps to follow if you want to make a homemade Bolognese “pizza” in an artisanal way, with a dough of the highest nutritional quality.
The Pizza Bolognese can be an excellent homemade food. Of course it will be necessary to choose the ingredients used correctly and always focus on fresh products. In this way you will obtain a final result with a high nutritional density, perfect for those who practice sports frequently.
Before starting, it should be noted that there is a big difference between the Pizza artisanal and that served in fast food chains. In the latter case, many ultra-processed ingredients are used for the preparation, with a high content of artificial additives and trans fats. It is advisable to limit the consumption of these elements.
Ingredients of the Bolognese “pizza”
To make a delicious one Pizza homemade bolognese, the following ingredients will be needed:
- 250 grams of strong flour.
- 150 grams of warm water.
- 30 grams of extra virgin olive oil.
- 7 grams of fresh yeast.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 250 grams of minced meat.
- 270 grams of crushed tomato.
- 70 ml of red wine.
- 1 small carrot.
- 1 small stalk of celery
- 1/2 onion.
- 1/3 glass of water.
- Dried oregano.
- Black pepper.
- Grated cheese.
Step by step
Below, you will find the recipe divided into three steps for a better approach and understanding. First we will teach you how to prepare the dough and then continue with the Bolognese sauce and, finally, its assembly and final cooking.
How to make the dough
One of the secrets of Pizza lies in the achievement of an excellent mixture. In fact, if you get the perfect dough, you can put anything you can think of on it and it will always taste sensational.
- Put all the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir first with a spoon, then use your hands.
- Knead for 15 minutes on the counter.
- After the time has elapsed, put the result in an oiled container and let it rest covered for 1 hour.
How to prepare Bolognese sauce
- Finely chop the carrot, celery stalk and onion.
- Boil the vegetables in a pan with extra virgin olive oil until you get a soft consistency, always with a little salt.
- Then add the minced meat and cook it until it changes color.
- Add the wine and wait for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the crushed tomato along with the water, oregano and pepper.
- Lower the intensity to medium heat, cover the pan and wait about 20 minutes.
- In the end, correct the salt only if necessary.
Assembling the “pizza”
- After an hour, remove the dough from the bowl and roll it out with the help of a rolling pin until it is very thin.
- Spread the Bolognese sauce on top and spread the grated cheese on the surface with a little oregano.
- Enter the Pizza in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 200 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes, with heat from both sides. Ready!
The benefits of Bolognese “pizza”
The inclusion of the Pizza Homemade Bolognese as part of a balanced and varied diet can generate a number of health benefits. First, it is necessary to highlight the protein content of the preparation.
It provides proteins with a high biological value, with all the essential amino acids and a good score in terms of digestibility. These nutrients have been shown to be critical in preventing sarcopenia.
On the other hand, the Pizza homemade has inside quality carbohydrates, low glycemic index. These elements are crucial to providing the energy needed to complete the high intensity training. Furthermore, they intervene in the recovery processes favoring the resynthesis of glycogen. This is demonstrated by research published in the journal Nutrients.
Finally, the presence of antioxidants in this preparation, in particular of the tomato, should be noted. This vegetable contains a phytochemical called lycopene. According to a study published in the journal International Journal of Molecular Sciences, It is a key element in the prevention of cardiovascular problems.
Make Bolognese pizza at home
As you have seen, prepare a delicious one Pizza Homemade Bolognese is really simple. With just a few ingredients you will get an excellent result, both at an organoleptic and nutritional level. It is a preparation that can be included in a balanced and varied diet, thus providing good quality energy for high intensity efforts.
Finish, remember that it is important to foster a set of good habits when trying to maintain optimal health. Not only is diet important, but regular exercise will also be crucial. Above all, the emphasis must be on strength work, as it allows you to control the levels of inflammation and oxidation within the body.
You might be interested…