For many there is no better, more practical and cheaper food than pizza. In fact, this product is so important in our diet that, in many homes, Friday or Saturday always is pizza dinner.
Despite the many detractors that this product has to be, a priori, very caloric, the truth is that if the ingredients are of quality, pizza is a very healthy food: it can incorporate vegetables, proteins and a sourdough base of quality. Now we suggest you innovate with your homemade pizza and change the bread base for the browse.
This variant of pizza is much more crunchy and sweeter thanks to the notes of butter provided by the puff pastry. And why not stop being healthy, We show you the recipe for making homemade puff pastry.
How to make homemade puff pastry?
Puff pastry is a shortcrust pastry recipe that is difficult to follow and takes time and patience. For this reason, we take you to simplified recipe of this preparation, with few ingredients, but with good results.
- 500 grams of butter (at room temperature)
- 500 grams of wheat flour
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 pinch of salt
1. First incorporate the flour in a bowl, add the salt and, with your hand, shape into a volcano. That is, the flour must be distributed in such a way that there is a hole in the center.
2. Then add the cold water into the hole and, always with your hands, mix the ingredients to form a paste.
3. Make sure the Butter it is at room temperature (and not cold from the fridge) and cut it into squares.
4. Now, flour a flat surface as well roll out the dough with a roller.
5. Add the pieces of butter twos to the center of the dough and knead movements that involve.
6. When you have the dough ready, leave it Take it easy in the freezer for about half an hour.
Layer dubbing processing:
1. After this time, it is time to shape the puff pastry so that the layers that characterize this puff form are formed. To do this, in the first place, roll out the dough with a rolling pin in the shape of a rectangle.
2. Next, fold the dough on itselfat least 3 times. When you have finished folding, roll out the dough again with a rolling pin and repeat the process between 2 and 6 times.
3. Finally, let the dough rest in the fridge still for half an hour and you will have it ready to adapt to any preparation.
4. As in our case we will use it as a base for pizza, with the help of the roller you can give it round shape. If you find the rounding too complicated, you can stretch it into a rectangle.
Add the toppings
Pizza with vegetables
Now you just have to customize the pizza with the ingredients you like best. You can put a base of fried tomato and grated mozzarella, and add the vegetables cut, such as zucchini, eggplant and peppers.
You can also make a white pizza (without tomato on the base) of carbonara style, with cream of milk, bacon and a little onion. Or combine grated mozzarella, goat cheese and serrano ham. All of these combinations are delicious.
pay attention to cooking
To cook the pizza, set the oven to 200ºC with up and down heating and cook for a few minutes 20-25 minutesuntil golden brown and the puff pastry is leavened.
Also keep in mind that puff pastry can take longer than other ingredients, especially the ones we suggested for making white pizza. In this case, it is recommended that you do a pre-cooking of puff pastry only for about 10 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients so they don’t burn.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE …
How to make healthy pizza bases at home