Mexican gastronomy has an intense flavor, a very colorful appearance, a great aromatic presence and unique textures. For all these qualities it is a cuisine with a large audience all over the world, from the most daring and spicy lovers to the most shy palates.
There are dishes, however, that are ideal for all types of people, as they allow you to explore the flavors of Mexican lands without risking very extreme flavors. For this reason, in the following oneHOWTO article we explain how to make green spaghetti with poblano chilli and cream, a delicious recipe based on a type of pepper (pepper) that has very low heat levels. Ready to travel to Mexico through its aromas and flavors? Find out how to prepare this easy and delicious dish!
Steps to follow:
Once you have prepared all the ingredients for the green spaghetti, you need to do it cook them al dente. Do it as usual, with plenty of water and salt to taste. Just when the water starts to boil, add the pasta and cook it for the time indicated on the package. Once ready, pass it through a colander, drain it and, if you want, soak it in cold water to stop cooking.
The next step in cooking your green spaghetti is roast the chillies. You can do it directly on the stove or in a pan. You just have to keep in mind that if you do it over the flame (tatemar), you will have to wait until a black crust. Then put the peppers in a bag and let them dry for at least half an hour.
Peel the chillies, peel them and chop them. From unCOMO we recommend never run them through tap waterthis way they will retain their smoky flavor when you add them to your plate of creamy green noodles.
For our delicious green spaghetti recipe, the next step will be grate the vegetables. Place in the blender and chop the smoked chillies, garlic, sour cream and salt of your choice. You can also crush the chili and garlic first in a mortar and then mix them with the other ingredients in this recipe for green spaghetti with poblano chili and cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper (the latter is optional).
Next, pour the sauce into a saucepan and add the two tablespoons of butter (must be dissolved). Cook the sauce for a few minutes. In this other article on How to prepare green sauce you will find another delicious recipe that is ideal for many of your dishes …
The next step is rectify the flavors, then taste the sauce and add more salt or pepper as needed. It will depend on your preferences!
Slowly pour the prepared salsa verde over the pasta … e don’t forget to mix well!
You know how to make green spaghetti with poblano chilli and cream, therefore our advice is to serve the food immediately to enjoy the dish still warm. When serving, add grated (or diced) cheese and more sour cream to taste.
If you want to make green spaghetti with poblano chilli and coriander, decorate your pasta with a sprig of this plant. It will look delicious! You can also add fresh basil and accompany the dish with a side dish if you feel like it. A wonderful option is cooking green spaghetti with chicken or green spaghetti with spinach … discover your new favorite dish!
If you liked this recipe, don’t hesitate to also learn How to make spaghetti with pesto and How to make spaghetti with seafood. You will love them!
If you want to read more articles similar to How to make green spaghetti with poblano chilli and creamwe recommend that you enter our Recipes category.
- To make green spaghetti, you can replace the garlic with half or an onion. Finely chop it and fry it first until transparent.
- If you want to accentuate the flavor of the sauce, you can also add 2 tablespoons of powdered chicken consommé.
- To make green spaghetti with poblano chilli and coriander, you can also incorporate 6 branches of this plant into the sauce. Blend the cilantro with the rest of the ingredients and it will be delicious.
- If you want to make green spaghetti with spinach, sauté 200 g of spinach with the butter and the rest of the ingredients. Put everything to blend and ready.
- If you want a thicker green sauce, you can add cornstarch dissolved in water (optional). As a reference, you can use 1 1/2 tablespoons dissolved in 1/2 cup of cold water. Add the mixture to the sauce, stir constantly and heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- If you want to substitute cream, you can use cream cheese and evaporated milk (half cream also works).
- You can also replace the butter with olive oil by serving 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the spaghetti have blended with the sauce, you can add the cheese and cover everything for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- If you want green spaghetti with poblano chilli and lactose-free or vegan cream, substitute the ingredients. The recipe for a creamy sauce would be: ¾ cup almonds (or cashews), ¼ cup unsweetened vegetable oil or almond milk, 1 roasted garlic clove, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon coriander, 3- 4 poblano peppers (roasted, peeled and veinless) and 1 cup of water. Blend everything until you get a homogeneous sauce and seasoned to taste.
- If you want to make green spaghetti with chicken, you can add the minced chicken on top of the pasta.