The crunchy combination of the dough, with the light sweetness of the tomato sauce and the freshness of rocket do the Pizza from rocket has become one of the most chosen by fans of the Pizza Around the world.
The pizza with rocket It’s easy, has few ingredients, and a light, natural finish makes it the recipe from Pizza perfect to do at home. To have fun with family and friends, with the tranquility that will surely please everyone. Martín Colazo, executive chef of Tomasso @tomassopizzasok, shares all the details and step by step so that we can make it happen pizza with rocket at home. The expert explains how to make the dough, the tomato sauce, the topping and also which are the best cheeses to use in a Pizza.
“A frequent question I am asked is which types of cheese, in addition to mozzarella, can be used in a Pizza. I like blue cheese (roquefort), parmesan, provolone, cheddar and creamy cheeses. I recommend them for their intensity of flavor, texture and because being soft they melt more easily ”, says chef Colazo.
For the pizza dough (for 4 Pizza)
- 1 kilo of 0000 flour
- 50 grams of yeast
- 50 cc of sunflower or olive oil
- 600 cc of water
- Salt to taste.
For the tomato sauce:
- 400 grams of crushed tomato
- 1 grated onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
For the cover (ingredients for each Pizza):
- 100 cc of tomato sauce
- 200 grams of mozzarella
- 50 grams of stretched curd cheese
- 50 grams of rocket fresh
- To make the sauce, grate the onion, chop the garlic into very small cubes. Mix with the crushed tomato, the olive oil and season with salt, sweetness and spices.
- To prepare the dough, mix all the ingredients in a bowl: 0000 flour, baking powder, sunflower or olive oil, water and salt.
- Knead continuously until you get a smooth and uniform dough. When you have obtained the desired consistency, let the dough rest and rise in a warm and dry place for 30 minutes, then roll out and lay the dough on a mold.
- Pre-bake the dough in the oven at 180 degrees for about 5 minutes.
- Once the dough is whitened, put the tomato sauce and mozzarella, heat in the oven until the mozzarella has melted. Distribute the mozzarella from the center outwards without reaching the edges. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Placed above the rocket. Finally, spread the hard cheese in strings.