Do you want spaghetti with pesto with asparagus and candied cherries? This dish is so light that, despite the carb load, it can be both a delicious meal and a phenomenal dinner.
After our adventures in the preparation of pizza – from dough to cooking -, passing through the typical wings and fries in our analysis of the Mi Smart Air Fryer 3.5 ”, the Xiaomi air fryer is showing us that, with something With patience and skill, almost anything can be accomplished. We hope you like it.
As you can see in the image, in our recipe we have avoided the complementary salt, in addition to that provided by the pecorino itself, which is slightly fatty. Said cheese it is one of the most international varieties of Italian sheep cheese. In its more seasoned phase, it offers textures similar to those of Manchego sheep cheeses. So, if you don’t have the original, you can definitely get an acceptable emulator.
In addition to the Xiaomi air fryer, you will need a mixer, a grater, a colander.
Ingredients for the pasta (for 4 people)
- 320 of wholemeal pasta (80 g per serving)
- 350 g of cherry tomatoes
- 350 gr of peeled and defrosted prawns
- 300 gr of wild asparagus (sprouts or whole cut into 2-3 parts)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or panela) to season the cherries
- 4-year-old cloves and 2 seedless cayenne peppers (if you like spicy)
- 1 dessert spoon of sweet paprika (optional)
Ingredients for the pesto
- 20 g of fresh basil
- 30g of pine nuts (not toasted)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 100 grams of pecorino
- 80 gr of extra virgin olive oil, we also avoided dry spices and oil in the preparation.
How to make homemade pesto
Although you can make a pesto bag and save time and money – a sugary pesto full of additives, it should be noted – for our recipe we chose to make it at home. It is fast and easy.
Just put in the blender jar 2 previously peeled cloves of garlicthe washed basil leaves, pine nuts and a glass of olive oil wine.
Instead, grate about 100-120 grams of cheese –very fine, almost to grind, as is usually marketed Parmesan-. Once beaten, add the cheese and mix until a homogeneous consistency is obtained. And voila, the homemade pesto.
Yes, it is possible to cook pasta with the air fryer
To cook the pasta you can choose between two options: either cook it with plenty of water in a pot, as always … or cook it using the fryer itself, using an oven mold and an airtight container.
The result is usually a bit uneven, with several noodles glued together, but it’s worth trying and stirring with a wooden spoon. For this you only need:
- Insert the glass or metal container with 600 ml of water for 5 minutes at 180º.
- When it starts to boil, you can add the spaghetti cut in half.
- Go to the beginning, replace the basket and let it continue cooking at the same temperature. After five minutes, stir again and cook another 3-4 minutes more..
- When the pasta is al dente, remove it from the basket and drain it without washing it, mixing it with the same spoon in the same way.
With the cooked pasta and the pesto ready, it’s time to prepare the “garnish”. And it is very important to separate the process into two different stages to get the ideal result.
On the one hand we will boil the defrosted and split asparagus, the prawns and garlic, previously peeled and sliced. Don’t forget to spray a couple of times with spray oil. Of course, shrimp, despite being defrosted and drained, release a lot of water. The resulting juice can be reduced and then added. Together with the pesto you will get a very juicy consistency.
- Cooking time: 14 minutes (mix a couple of times during the process and, if you deem it necessary, add 2 minutes of preheating).
- Temperature: 180ºC
If you like spicy you can add two seedless cayenne peppers and to sweeten it even more you can use 1 dessert spoon of sweet paprika, sprinkled. It is totally optional but you will be able to conjure up a very subtle and pleasant touch of chillies. Don’t forget to remove the cayenne peppers afterwards!
Once ready, remove them from the basket and set aside. Now, to season the cherries, pour them into a bowl and Lightly spread the well-washed cherries with a spoonful of melted honey or panela. All that remains is to insert them inside the basket of the Xiaomi Mi Smart Air Fryer 3.5 ” air fryer and choose the manual program:
- Cooking time: 8 minutes (There is no need to remove, although it’s worth a look).
- Temperature: 180ºC
Once finished, only the last step remains: mixing everything. Heat the pasta, in the air fryer, of course. just put it for a couple of minutes at 120ºCeven if you can speed up the process by heating it in the microwave, mix it with the asparagus and prawns, the candied tomatoes and add the amount of pesto you want, to taste.
The result, as you can see in the photo, is very appetizing. And if you are looking for another spaghetti recipe, here you will find more than fifty alternatives from our colleagues at Directo al Paladar.